This week in international marketing: Most Powerful Languages | 'Chinese ways' for German brands | Domain Extensions | Facts of L10n
1. The World’s Most Powerful Languages
What leaders should know about English and other languages competing for global influence, what is the "Power Language Index (PLI)" and could Mandarin one day challenge the supremacy of English? - propose you to learn from the article below:
2. How can staid German brands act more Chinese?
A qualitative survey of communications executives of 20 German brands operating in China conducted by Hering Schuppener Consulting and Finsbury recommended some 'Chinese ways' of managing team structures, media relations and culture clashes.
Here are some highlights from comments of interviewees:
3. How to Choose Domain Extensions for an International Audience
Many ecommerce or content websites with mass appeal have a global audience, even if they are intending to focus on just one country. However, depending on your product or content you might want to go the extra step and intentionally target international users. The decision to focus your site on an international audience is a big leap forward and there are many logistic and technical complexities to work through.
In addition to issues around language choices and translations, there are also some big SEO and brand requirements, including exactly what domain to use for your international presence.
4. L10n: All The Stats, Facts, And Data You’ll Ever Need To Know
Here are some important highlights from the data you need to know in the fast growing global language industry :
- Localization is a big business
- Localization Is not the same as translation
- L10n requires internationalizing your website
- Carrying out a localization project requires a lot of research
- Localization requires correct SEO and ASO strategies
All detailed information you can find in the article below:
This was our 'best of the week'. Next week we will continue to provide you with the interesting and current news on digital globalization, culture, language, localization and international digital marketing.